PhytoEstrin (90 tablets)
USANA;s PhytoEstrin supplement contains herbs such as chasteberry powder and black cohosh, which can help relieve symptoms associated with menopause.
The Benefits of PhytoEstrin
Natural approaches to maintaining health before, during, and after menopause have become popularo over the last few years. For many women, regular exercise, a proper diet, nutritional supplementation with vitamin E, vitamin B5, and calcium, and botanical preparations of estrogen-like compounds-such as those found in PhytoEstrin-may help relieve menopausal symptoms.
Some authorities theorize that high levels of soy isoflavones in Asian diets contribute to Asian women transitioning through menopause more easily than those women living in Western cultures. Soy isoflavones are biologically active chemical compounds from plants such as grains, legumes, fruits, and vegetables that bind to the same estrogen receptor sites and behave similarly to human estrogen.
The Science to PhytoEstrin
For centuries, chaste berry, a shrub native to Mediterranean Europe and Central Asia, has been used to help support women’s health, particularly symptoms of peri- and post-menopause. And over the last 50 years, scientific studies fave supported the use of chaste berry in supporting women’s health. Chasteberry has been found effective in easing menopausal symptoms, and is a mixture of iridoids, flavonoids, and glycosides.
Black cohosh, a plant native to eastern North America, has also been in use for many years, particularly in Native American traditional medicine, to support women’s health and ease menopausal symptoms. Dong quai, a dried root found in China, has been used extensively in Asia for supporting women’s health as well.
The USANA Difference
PhytoEstrin is a broad-spectrum, botanical formulation containing phytoestrogens from five different sources, including a guaranteed 14mg of soy isoflavones to help maintain women’s health. PhytoEstrin also contains a unique combination of herbs that complement the activity of the soy isoflavones: black cohos, dong quai, licorice-root extract, and chaste powder. Together with isoflavones, these herbs provide support through menopausal symptoms during the peri- and post-menopausal years.
Each packet contains: Medicinal Ingredients
- soybean powder (equivalent to 14 mg soy isoflavones, 8.68 mg aie*) 35 mg
- black cohosh extract (cimicifuga racemosa, standardized to 2.5% triterpene glycosides) 50 mg
- chaste berry powder (vitex agnus-castus) 50 mg
- licorice root extract (glycyrrhiza glabra) 30 mg
- dong quai extract (angelica sinensis) 15 mg
* aglycone isoflavone equivalents
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: dextrates, ascorbyl palmitate, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, silicon dioxide, dextrin, maltodextrin dextrose, soy lecithin, sodium citrate.
There is a safety seal under the cap. do not use if the safety seal is broken or missing.
keep out of reach of children.
Directions: Take three (3) tablets daily, spaced evenly throughout the day. Take a few hours before or after taking other medication or health care products.
Consult your physician for use beyond 4-6weeks.
PhytoEstrin is ideal for adult women as it helps relieve premenstrual symptoms and symptoms associated with menopause.
There is a safety seal under the cap. Do not use if the safety seal is broken or missing.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use if:
– you are pregnant or nursing.
– you currently have or previously had breast cancer and/or breast tumours or if you have a predisposition to breast cancer, as indicated by an abnormal mammogram and/or biopsy, or a family member with breast cancer.
– you are taking thiazide diuretics, cardiac glycosides, corticosteroids, stimulant laxatives or other medication which may aggravate electrolyte imbalance.
– you have hypokalemia, high blood pressure, or a kidney or cardiovascular disorder.
Ensure you are up to date on mammograms and gynaecological evaluations prior to use. consult your physician prior to use if:
– you are taking blood thinners.
– you have a history of hormonal or gynaecological disease, including ovarian cancer.
– if you are taking hormone replacement therapy (hrt), including thyroid hormone replacement therapy.
– you are taking hormone-containing medications such as progesterone preparations, oral, contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy.
Consult your physician if:
– you are taking a prescription drug or have a medical condition.
– your menopausal or premenstrual symptoms persist or worsen.
– you have a liver disorder or develop symptoms of liver trouble.
Discontinue use and consult your physician if you experience breast pain, discomfort and/or tenderness, or if you experience a recurrence of menstruation and/or uterine spotting.
There are no reviews yet.